Dear Chi Omega Sisters,
We want to offer a big THANK YOU to all the people and committees that have worked behind the scenes to move forward the dream of a new Chi Omega House. Here is an update on where we stand at the end of October 2018.
All the foundational work has been done….
- LOCATION: A piece of property has been secured at 515 O Neal Street in Chattanooga. This property is across from UTC’s new $8 million dollar expansion of their intramural fields.
- ARCHITECT: A committee put out a request for proposals and interviewed several architectural firms. We chose Justin Dumsday with River Street Architecture.
- NEEDS SURVEY/HOUSE DESIGN: A group visited several other Chi Omega houses, we surveyed the active chapter, and with a lot of due diligence and feedback the plans have been finalized.
- CONTRACTOR: Requests for proposals were sent to five contractors. After a rigorous interview process New Blue Contracting was chosen as our contractor.
- OUTREACH: We did an initial mailing to over 200 alumnae and began calling on those that expressed interest early on.
From those initial efforts we have raised right at $140,000 from 41 different donors. What a great start — but it’s only a start. We need to raise $750,000 in order to break ground. We’d love to do this next year, BUT WE NEED YOU!
Please join the sisters who have made gifts and pledges to help us reach our goal. Many of these gifts were sacrificial gifts, gifts much larger than these sisters had ever given before and much, much more than many had envisioned giving to our Fraternity. However, these sisters tell us that the friendships and values of our Chi Omega generally and Delta Alpha in particular are a worthy cause. We hope that on reflection you will feel the same way.
If you have any questions or if you would like to help us in spreading the word and reaching out to others, please call either of the House Campaign Chairs: Fran Bender Rushing at 423.718.1938 or Kim Hudson White at 423.619.1081.
— Fran and Kim